Lead alpine, rock, backpacking & Ski/snowboard Guide
AMGA certified Ski (splitboard) Mountaineering Guide
AMGA Single Pitch Instructor
Eric’s love for the mountains brought him to Lake Tahoe, CA in the late 90’s, were he continued his pursuit of climbing & snowboarding. During the spring and summer months you can find him guiding on Mt. Shasta and climbing throughout the Sierra Nevada. In the winter he heads North with his splitboard to work as a cat and heli ski guide. Eric is the first person in the United States to become a certified in splitboard mountaineering through the AMGA.
Guiding professionally since 2007, his passion and expertise for mountaineering and backcountry skiing and splitboarding has led him to work as a guide for California Alpine Guides, Shasta Mountain Guides, H20 Heli Guides in Alaska and Baldface Guides in British Columbia. Eric is a certified AMGA Single Pitch Rock Instructor, Wilderness First Responder, American Avalanche Institute Level III.
- AMGA CERTIFIED SKI (SPLITBOARD) MOUNTAINEERING GUIDE
- AMGA SKI MOUNTAINEERING GUIDES COURSE
- AMGA SINGLE PITCH INSTRUCTOR
- AMSG HELI SKI GUIDE COURSE
- CSGA (Canadian Ski Guides Assoc)GLACIER COURSE
- AIARE LEVEL I & II avalanche
- AAI Level III Avalanche certification
- CAAI Canadian Avalanche certified
- WILDERNESS FIRST RESPONDER
- LEAVE NO TRACE TRAINER