Lead Alpine, Ski & International Guide
AMGA Ski Mountaineering Training
Rich has been guiding alpine and ski mountaineering for over ten years. In addition to Sierra Nevada ski guiding, Rich has led our Ecuador volcanoes expedition for the many years. He is also a senior guide with Shasta Mountain Guides and also works a bit for Alpine Ascents International on Mount Rainier and Denali, as well as ski guiding with NASTC.
From local ski tours in Tahoe, to guided expeditions in Alaska. Some of his adventures include: trekking in Bhutan, skiing the Haute route in the Alps, guiding on Mt. Shasta, Mt. Rainer, Denali, and guiding the volcanoes of Ecuador. Rich has logged numerous ski descents in the lower 48, Alaska, Canada, Argentina, Chile, France, and Switzerland. Rich is most often found in working in California, where he guides various routes and ski descents in addition to teaching glacier seminars and avalanche courses. Rich has had extensive training from a variety of schools, including the PSIA and the AMGA.
- AMGA ski guides course
- AMGA ski mountaineering course
- Widerness First Responder, certified by Wilderness Medicine Institute
- American Institute of Avalanche Research and Education, (AIARE) Level I II III
- AIARE: certified avalanche instructor, American Avalanche Association
- NOLS: Leave No Trace, certified trainer